EXPECTATIONS OF SUMMER STAFF HIREES.
Our mission here at Ghormley is to share the gospel with every camper that steps foot on the meadow (that's ALL of them).
As summer staff, you are men and women on the front lines. You are the means through which the gospel is spoken and shown to the campers. We believe as Christians we are called to a higher standard, to be a people set apart. As parents choose to send their children to camp, we have the privilege and responsibility to not only care after them, but to teach them the Bible and develop character skills necessary for their success! Campers learn a lot just by watching YOU; therefore we have high expectations and standards for those we hire as summer staff.
If you are hired, you must agree to abide by principles and lifestyle choices in adherence to the Christian lifestyle and practices:
- Strive to pursue an intimate and deeper relationship with Christ daily by seeking things that are above (Colossians 3:1).
- Work in harmony with the summer staff and full time team to provide unity amongst all members (Ephesians 4:1-6, Romans 15:1-2)
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of employment as you are working for the Lord (1 Cor. 15:58)
- Abstain from that in accordance to the flesh nature: Sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkness, etc (Galatians 5:19-21) and to walk by the Spirit in love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, self control, faithfulness, gentleness.
- Walk in a manner of wisdom which is pure, peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere (James 3:17)
We are not asking for perfection, but rather a heart and mind that are submitted to the Lord Jesus Christ as we strive to live according to the calling we have received.