Wondering what Shift is about? Shift is a High School Leadership Development program. The goal of this program is to use the ministry of Camp Ghormley to help build strong leaders. We believe this will not only enhance our camping ministries, but ultimately will create stronger leaders and followers of Jesus in the schools, churches and homes of the students who participate in this program. Ultimately we seek to grow Christ's kingdom, and Shift is a new avenue of ministry to accomplish that.
A student in this program will fill one of a number of crucial roles in the operation of our summer camp programs, will take part in daily Bible/leadership studies designed to stretch your faith, will be mentored by one of our college staff and your Shift supervisor and will also be involved in ministering directly to the campers of Ghormley. That's just a brief summary of all the things you'll experience!
Being in this program is hard work, but we believe that three weeks in this program will stretch you in new ways that benefit you not only now, but could have a lasting impact on your life!
The following are requirements in order to be considered as an applicant:
- Must be 16 or entering Jr, Sr, or College Freshman year in Fall 2018
Not old enough yet? Consider volunteering to get your feet wet serving here!
- Must profess an active relationship with Christ
- Must have a GPA of 2.5 of higher
- Must be able to attend entire three-week session. Absence will be granted only in the case of family emergency or other extremely unique circumstance. Leave will not be granted for family vacation, sports tournaments and other such events that are commonplace. We know these are important events, so please consider these things prior to applying for Shift.
Ready to apply? Here's what to do:
Fill out an online application. After we receive it, we'll contact you to set up an interview.
Submit three references. (if you've never volunteered here). You can send them to the reference page to fill out your reference form. You must provide us with valid email addresses for your reference while filling out your online application. We will provide your references with an unique ID number that they must enter in order to submit your reference.
- Interview with our program team.
- Get ready for three awesome weeks!